[volt-nuts] Fluke 845AB / 845AR neon bulb xref

Orin Eman orin.eman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 12:47:51 EST 2013

I got a box of 10 EiKO A3C on ebay a while back and they work fine in an
845AR as far as I can tell.  This 845 would sort of work with the covers
removed, but the meter would peg with the inner cover on... you have to
check the neons with the lights off :)   The old neons would flicker
visably - the new A3Cs are as steady as they can be given the low frequency
they run at.

There seem to be plenty of the EiKO brand around, e.g.

http://www.bulbtown.com/A3C_NE_2U_NEON_GLOW_BULB_WIRE_TERMINAL_BASE_p/a3c.htm

Don's bulbs has a different brand I think:

http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/b.pl/neon|wl|t2|ne2u-a3c~usa.html

but is mighty proud of them.

Orin.