[volt-nuts] HP3458A calibration memory backup

Todd Micallef tmicallef at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 09:50:58 EDT 2014

Mark,

I am using the STMicroelectronics M48Z12 series in at least one of my
3458A's. I had trouble sourcing one of the two different memory modules
from a reputable seller when I replaced my NVRAM. I purchased a DS1220
previously from Jameco and it died shortly afterward. The datecode on the
Jameco part was several months old and may have been stored improperly.

The only thing I don't like about the STMicro NVRAM is that they use a
three digit datecode. One digit is for the year and two for the week. It
took me a while to track down a document to decipher their labeling system.

Todd