[volt-nuts] fluke 5200a extender board.

Ken Goodhew1 kgoodhew at iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 27 18:28:34 EDT 2014

Hi all,

                Over the last 6 months I have been steadily repairing a
faulty 5200A that I brought, it had numerous faults in the power supply
regulator and power amplifier boards that I have managed to repair with a
lot of difficulty as I do not have an extender board to operate the boards
out of the chassis.

                I managed to overcome this by running numerous test leads to
various points on the boards as I tested to enable me to take readings, but
I have now got down to what looks like a problem on the attenuator board
supply to drop.

                The most likely cause is suggested as more than one
attenuator path being selected at the same time, but I think it will be
virtually impossible to trace the logic signals on and being supplied to the
attenuator board without an extender board, so if anybody out there has one
they are willing to sell please let me know!

Alternatively it would be a great help if somebody could supply me with a
full scale photo copy of both sides of the extender board so I can have a go
at making one of my own.

                The 43/86 pin card edge sockets are no longer available as
far as I can find out, the only company that lists any of them is Sullins
Connectors but they are out of stock as well, so I cannot envisage them
making any more in the near future, maybe somebody is parting out a 5200a?

                If I can make a pcb for the extender board then I think I
can cobble up various parts to substitute for the card edge connector
required.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Ken Goodhew.

---