[volt-nuts] Buying HP-3458A

John Phillips john.phillips0 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 01:49:09 EDT 2014

​They do really offer that service as​ long as you send them a complete
meter... No missing parts. Well they will take a few missing screws and
such. My experience with them is they charge the same no mater what need to
be fixed. Not sure what the price is, there prices are country dependent. I
thought it was a little more than $2200 last I checked.

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 4:08 PM, Randy Evans <randyevans2688 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am in the market for a used HP-3458A and, in researching past messages, I
> came across an interesting question:
>
> *Chris Erickson* ericksonc2 at comcast.net
> <volt-nuts%
> 40febo.com?Subject=Re%3A%20%5Bvolt-nuts%5D%203458A%20questions&In-Reply-To=%3C001b01cc7960%24a15d2840%24e41778c0%24%40net%3E
> >
> *Thu Sep 22 19:48:41 UTC 2011*
>
> If Agilent will fix everything, bring it up to specs, and calibrate it no
>
> matter what's wrong with it for $2200, then why would I spend $5000-6000 or
>
> more for one that is in good shape - even if calibrated? Just grab the
> first
>
> bargain that comes along for $1500-3000, send it straight to Agilent and be
>
> money ahead. Seems the better course of action to me if that price is
>
> accurate - do they really offer this service?
>

> I could not find an answer to this question but it does beg the question.
>  Does nayone have an answer as to why not buy the cheapest unit and send it
> in for repair?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Randy Evans

John Phillips