[volt-nuts] Buying HP-3458A

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sun Jul 6 03:03:17 EDT 2014

On 6 Jul 2014 07:12, "John Phillips" <john.phillips0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​They do really offer that service as​ long as you send them a complete
> meter... No missing parts. Well they will take a few missing screws and
> such.

There is also the possibility someone has tried repairing it, but done so
badly.

I assume that there has been some design changes over the years, so not all
boards are identical.  Agilent would probably decline to fix a unit made
from parts from a mixture of revisions.

Buying one and hoping to get it repaired for a fixed fee seems a bit risky
to me.

Dave

My experience with them is they charge the same no mater what need to
> be fixed. Not sure what the price is, there prices are country dependent.
> thought it was a little more than $2200 last I checked.
>

> On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 4:08 PM, Randy Evans <randyevans2688 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I am in the market for a used HP-3458A and, in researching past
messages, I
> > came across an interesting question:
> >
> > *Chris Erickson* ericksonc2 at comcast.net
> > <volt-nuts%

40febo.com?Subject=Re%3A%20%5Bvolt-nuts%5D%203458A%20questions&In-Reply-To=%3C001b01cc7960%24a15d2840%24e41778c0%24%40net%3E