[volt-nuts] Fluke 5200a

Gerd admin at controlelectronics.com.au
Mon Jul 7 20:30:31 EDT 2014

Hello Ken,

 From what I remember of this circuit, R26 is for output stage bias. R6
is for adjusting offset. By the way, which voltages are high and how much?

The 5200 is an old beast, expect a lot of marginal electrolytics, carbon
resistors that have drifted well out of tolerance and even transistors
that no longer perform any where near what they originally did.

Regards

On 07/07/14 14:56, Ken Goodhew1 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>                  I am currently repairing a Fluke 5200a ac voltage
> calibrator.
>
> After pulling cards in and out and soldering multiple wires on to test I now
> have the unit working about 98%.
>
> Anybody might have or know of where I might be able to obtain an extender
> card for this unit as it would make it a lot easier to fix the last
> remaining problem that I have, ie:- I have a dc offset voltage on the output
> of about 1mv when it should be +/- 100 microvolts.
>
> I am unable to adjust this with r26 adjustment on the power amplifier board
> as described in the manual. I have followed the troubleshooting guides as
> per the manual, as well as testing just about all the components around that
> particular part of the circuit.
>
> The problem appears to be that the input stage is not being turned on hard
> enough as all the suggested voltages for the input stage (Q1-2-3-4-5-9) are
> all too high. The supply voltages are all within spec.
>
> Anybody can offer suggestions?
>
> Sorry to put this out there in this group but I cannot find an online group
> related to fluke test equipment to ask.
>
> Ken Goodhew.
>

> ---

sig.html *Control Electronics Pty Ltd*