[volt-nuts] AC Voltage Measurement Standards

Todd Micallef tmicallef at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 22:42:37 EDT 2014

The remark about calibrating the resistors was merely an example of how I
thought you may have been transferring the calibration of the 10V TVC. My
first thought was that you compared the 10V TVC to the next closest model
at fixed points. The inter-comparison would then continue from that model
to the next value down (or up).
I had a hard time trying to understand how that could be accurate, and the
thought of using a ratio transformer didn't cross my mind. Thanks for the
explanation.

I can see how the costs of calibrating a TVC can be so high. I am guessing
few labs possess the equipment to calibrate them and places like Ballantine
probably use NIST for their cals.

Todd