[volt-nuts] A Fluke 732A: Return it or keep it?

Michael Hong mikeyahee at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 7 23:21:33 EST 2014

Thank you all for your concerns.

I will reply out of order, sorry.

IN CAL right came on as I poked(turned) with a slim screw driver. Yes, I know it supposed to be on after calibration.

AC PWR light turned and stayed on ever since I plugged in the main yesterday.

When I pulled out the main plug as you said, voltages went down immediately. Probably the battery is completely gone.

I have been asking quote on this standard from Fluke down to local no name guy long before I buy it.
I have no intention of calibrating this by myself. That defeats the purpose of the purchase.
Because it will be my primary standard.

I just wanted to turn slightly to both directions to see if the potentiometer is working since the 732A's volts looked out of ranges. I calibrated 8 720As with Nanovolt Null meter and Keithley 155 last week, so I have no fun left to turning the small thing.

The battery is big concern to me. When I called Fluke, one of the rep said it should be shipped to them "hot" Because 732A's battery life is very limited, it should be shipped using Morning Service. I was going to call FedEx if they have 12 hours service. And I belive most cal lab require the 732A to be delivered "hot." The manual says so.

Thermistor value is now 4470.1132 ohm It changes less than 50mmohm/hour now.

Once I purchase one more 732A, I will experiment how  close it come back to before turn-off value.

Again thank you all.

Best Regards,

Michael