[volt-nuts] A Fluke 732A: Return it or keep it?

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Fri Mar 7 23:57:01 EST 2014

Michael,

Definitely need to keep it on, ship it hot, and have an external battery
pack attached.  IIRC, the internal batteries are good only for about 4
hours.  I have not tested that though.  I think I read this in the manual or
one of the list members mentioned it.  That's why the connector is on the
back, to allow attaching an external battery pack for longer duration away
from AC power.

I would love to get mine calibrated with Fluke but I think I want to wait a
few more months before undertaking this.  Any suggestions from the group on
how long to leave it on?  What 'drift' rate I would want before concluding
it is 'stable'?  I have a 3458A Opt 002 that I can use to track it with and
another 3458A that I can track the thermistor with.

Removing the battery pack is easy, just remove four screws and slide it out.
Certainly worth doing if you are going to keep it.

Joe