[volt-nuts] Solartron 7081 With Bad WR057 Diode

Charles Black cblack at centurytel.net
Fri Oct 31 19:44:43 EDT 2014

It's D110  on PCB6. After removing D110 the 7081 read about +2.5
microvolt with the input shorted with an  external jumper. When I
shorted the HI amp input with the MYTCHETT test point the 7081 read
about -1.0 microvolt with low noise. I expect that the D101 (DPAD1) is
the culprit.

Presently: Compared to my ancient HP3458a (last calibrated in 1990 and
still on CAL 1) the 7081 reads about 10 microvolts higher. The 7081
reads about 25 microvolts higher than my not quite as ancient Ag3458a.
The Datron 4910 was calibrated by Fluke in March of 2012.

I'm going to change out temperature sensitive parts and leaky parts and
remeasure.

Charlie