[volt-nuts] LM399 Long term drift specification

Andreas Jahn Andreas_-_Jahn at t-online.de
Thu Sep 11 01:07:56 EDT 2014

Hello,

many questions I will keep it short:

All ageing specs are "typical" if you want to have "guaranteed" values
you will have to measure it over a reasonable time. (I recommend min 6
months).
Every treatment (soldering, mechanical/temperature shock) of a reference
may create a new ageing cycle with different slope.
So 100ppm/15 years outside of "lab conditions" (23 deg , constant
humidity) is something that I would not guarantee without re-calibration.
Although typical drift of pre-aged + selected references will be in the
1-2ppm/year range if properly treated.
Also its meaningless if you want to have LT or National (TI) parts since
LT is the only manufacturer which still produces them.
With high demands you will also have to sort out the "noisy" references.

Some "typical" LM399 (all from NS) ageing data can be found on web:

http://www.gellerlabs.com/LM299AH-20_Case_Study.htm
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/lm399-based-10-v-reference/msg478496/#msg478496

With best regards

Andreas