[volt-nuts] Fluke 5200a extender

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 23 18:16:36 EDT 2014

That would be me...  I have the boards in and they probably work with all the cards,  but they scare me...  Three of the 5200 boards have +/-300V and +/- 190V on some of the pins and I don't totally trust them to handle that properly.  The ribbon cable is rated at 300V and the box headers are (supposedly) 1000V.   There is only around .012" clearance between the etches and the header pins they run between.
The high voltage pins are surrounded by guard pins and 190V pins.  It should work and I have tested one by applying 300VDC across both sides of the edge connector and didn't have any arcing issues,  but it still makes me rather nervous...