[volt-nuts] 3458A reference boards on ebay

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 30 12:52:40 EST 2015

Most likely the boards are real, especially if the boards are from a seller in Colorado since that is where Keysight in the past manufactured and serviced all 3458A's. They still do all calibration in Loveland (I am not sure if  Loveland is where service is done today) but this would mean the boards are pulls for either up grade to 002 or HFL boards or worse failed to meet spec. Further I would guess that working boards that meet spec would be retained for future replacements. That said the ones listed do appear genuine. If someone was thinking of duplicating the PCB I may be able to provide one to disassemble and repopulate afterwards. It would be interesting to have a few boards to experiment with.
Cheers;
Thomas Knox