[volt-nuts] nA advice

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Fri Nov 13 13:56:19 EST 2015

Rob wrote:

>50V across 5GOhm is 10nA. Put a standard multimeter's 10MOhm input
>in series and
>you have 10mV per nA reading. Anything below 100mV is pass.

Also, quite a few of the Fluke portable and handheld DMMs from the
last 35 years or so (including the faithful old 8050A and the
"80-series" DMMs) measure conductance (1/R) with a resolution down to
0.01nS (= 100G ohm).  There are lots of them with this capability on
the used market for $10 and up, and several are still available new
(but not for less than Eu100, to my knowledge).

Best regards,

Charles