[volt-nuts] PCB Artist

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Thu Dec 15 08:05:33 EST 2016

Randy wrote:

> KiCad looks very good and I downloaded it to try it out.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Sprint-Layout from Abacom:

<http://www.abacom-online.de/uk/html/sprint-layout.html>

Back in January 2015, Sam Reaves posted a nice writeup of this package.
  Based on his post, I tried it, loved it, and bought it (it's very
reasonable).  I also have KiCAD, the free version of Eagle, and the
DipTrace demo version.  I've gotten to where I can use all of them, but
when it comes time to do a board, I almost always go straight to
Sprint-Layout.  Certainly, anyone who balks at the steep learning curves
of KiCAD, Eagle, and DipTrace will just love the intuitive operation of
Sprint-Layout.

I've pasted part of Sam's original message below.

Best regards,

Charles