[volt-nuts] Replace neons with LEDs in Fluke 845AB

Lou Amadio lou.amadio11 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 19:27:40 EDT 2016

Hi Dallas
So sorry. I understand how confusing it can be coming in part way through a
repair. My apology.
I have managed to implement your LEDs mod and I can see the LEDs light up
but the voltage driving them, and the rest of the meter, is way too low.

The history of my 845 can be found here:
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/metrology/teardown-fluke-845aabar-tweaks-and-mods-%28and-repairs%29/.You
will need to scroll down somewhat.

Briefly, When I first received the 845 it was not working and had nicad
corrosion on the PS PCB. I have not really gotten it going properly yet.

I then started on your LED mod hoping that would help, spurred on when I
discovered the neons had turned black.

So, I am now back to square one and working on getting a stable +-15v.I
have managed to separate the PS and Main PCBs and will conduct experiments
on the PS by emulating CR104/105, C117/118 off board.

I live on the east coast of Australia, near Sydney.
Regards, Lou