[volt-nuts] Keithley 2182A

Todd Micallef tmicallef at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 16:44:00 EDT 2016

The repair was performed last November and my memory is bad, too many
projects since then. The two defective parts were the TF-245 and U626.

My symptoms were noisy readings across all ranges. I could not get them to
settle down even with the input shorted. I measured the TF-245 in-circuit
to see if anything was too far out to be in spec. I was certain that the
30K resistor between 5-11 was open, so I removed it and measured. There was
also another open 90K resistor between 7-8.

I also had to trace an input signal through the meter and it led to the
resistor array. I will try and find the actual in-circuit measurements
before the part was replaced.

Todd