[volt-nuts] What's the probability of a random used 3458A passing a Keysight calibration?

Dr. Frank frank.stellmach at freenet.de
Tue Jan 16 12:33:06 EST 2018

I meant to say, that the ADC ASIC determines crucially the stability..
and this special serial number US28032500 is eventually affected by the
AN-18 service note. So that may be the reason, why they claim 2100$ for
repair, i.e. replacement of A5, the ADC PCB.. and that had nothing to do
with that ACV outlier. The "as left" data is not displayed, probably the
instrument was completely adjusted afterwards. The cal report is also
not online, pity.

So I wouldn't touch that instrument at all, as the ADC drift problem
(CAL?72) is not checked.

Frank