[time-nuts] Query: Interest in clock synthesizer module

Glenn glenn at net127.com
Fri Aug 18 18:26:48 UTC 2006

Packet switching affects time transfer, not time keeping. If your NTP
server is clocked with a stable source, it should keep the correct time
within the accuracy of your clock source. In the case of  Rb, this is about
one second in three thousand years. Or better than +/- 1 us/day. Using
a better clock should not affect how closely sync'ed your NTP server
is to another one.

Rb oscillators are $250-$500 (LPRO) on ebay, a good OCXO is <$50.

cheers,
glenn