[time-nuts] M12M Receiver Stability

Randy Warner Randy at synergy-gps.com
Mon Sep 25 15:33:14 UTC 2006

 Said,

As you say, the M12M has much better short term stability due to it
using a TCXO rather than a crystal like the M12+. Even so, I still
surround the TCXO with a small piece of foam to isolate it from any
rapid temperature changes. You will see much better stability
(especially with the old M12+) using this method. This is especially
true if the unit is in an enclosure with a fan. As you might guess,
thermostatically controlled fans REALLY mess things up.

Randy