[time-nuts] need recomendation for a portable 10mhz reference oscilator

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Thu Dec 13 22:42:03 UTC 2007

From: Bruce Griffiths <bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz>
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] need recomendation for a portable 10mhz reference oscilator
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:22:52 +1300

> The E1938A oven has exceptionally high thermal gain so variations in the
> OCXO frequency due to ambient temperature changes may well be insignificant.
> Before proposing drastic/dangerous measures David should attempt to
> measure the E1938A frequency variations as a function if temperature to
> see if the frequency change is actually significant.
> Making such a measurement is likely to be an extremely
> difficult/challenging  task. Even so measurement beats speculation
> everytime.

Why would it be very hard? For his purpose it should easy enought to measure
the frequency shift which he would allow, and achieving the necessary shift in
temperature to get the ball-park aspect should not be too hard to acheive in a
home enviorment and a thermometer.

I am sure the E1938A would pull it off.

Talking about E1938A. Where can I find one???

Cheers,
Magnus