[time-nuts] Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement

Michael J. Dyer michael.dyer at digitaleragroup.com
Mon Dec 17 22:08:24 UTC 2007

Here's a link to the FCC Fact Sheet on Placement of Antennas:

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

The antenna type appears to be covered by the rule but then subsequently
excluded in the question on 'fixed wireless signals'.  In the past I've
provided my association with a copy of the FAQ and they didn't have the
technical knowledge to spot this exception and subsequently approved the
antenna (after a quick pass by their lawyer).

A second issue is that the FCC says that the rules does NOT apply to an
antenna that extends out beyond the balcony or patio (this is usually
considered to be in a common area).

It sounds like they've already gone through the rule/FAQ and understand
their rights...

//MDYER