[time-nuts] HP 5370B low frequency modulation

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Tue Jul 24 02:12:39 UTC 2007

Brooke,

Thanks Bruce for the quick response, as always.

In my business, we typically dissolve the gold by dipping the solder cup in
a hot tin pot, which is replaced regularly, before soldering the wires. This
has been blessed by the major defense contractors for military applications.

Failure to do this typically results in weakening solder joints over time,
and delayed failures, particularly when there is mechanical and/or thermal
stress applied to the joint.

Didier KO4BB