[time-nuts] 53131A or 5370B

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Fri Nov 9 18:57:17 UTC 2007

In a message dated 11/9/2007 07:50:26 Pacific Standard Time,
j-shank at comcast.net writes:

>Here  is the question, I only have room for one counter, should it be a
5370B or a  53131A?  Which >is more useful to measuring frequency  variations?

>Jeff

Hi Jeff,

In my opinion the 5370B is better for phase offset measurements, and  the
53131A better for frequency measurements.

The 5370B is not good at all for direct frequency measurements.

The 53131A is not that good for phase measurements.

bye,
Said