[time-nuts] LORAN-C antenna

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Wed Nov 14 13:13:14 UTC 2007

OK, thanks for the useful information . I thought you might have resonated
the loop to get some filtering ahead of the preamp, which is what I would
have done, not knowing any better...

If I use a ferrite rod, it will most likely have too much stray capacitance
to be broad band, but the air loop as you have done is not too big, so I may
try both.

Looking at the spectrum analyzer plots, it seems I do not have too many
competing signals around here, so on the one hand, a broad band loop should
work nicely, on the other hand, there is no other signal around I am
interested in, so I may tune the loop and get some filtering.

Thanks,

Didier