[time-nuts] Restoring GR 1120-AB Frequency Standard - Need

wa3frp at aol.com wa3frp at aol.com
Tue Aug 19 21:55:37 UTC 2008

Sorry for missing enough detail on the original thermoswitch.

The original thermoswitch was a unique design that I have not seen
elsewhere.  The Princo thermoswitch was a modified mercury thermometer
with two electrodes installed.  When the temperature rises, the column
of mercury comes into contact with both electrodes and completes the
electric circuit.  The inner oven stays within  +/-0.05 degree C of 78C.

Since the design involved a mercury thermometer, the form factor is
0.25 by 4.25 inches.