[time-nuts] PC Clock adjustments

David Ackrill dave.g0dja at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Mar 9 10:13:35 UTC 2008

Bruce Griffiths wrote:

> Automatic adjustment of the clock rate to minimise power is incompatible
> with accurate timekeeping.

Thanks for the responce Bruce,

I don't think the newer PC has that facility, and the load on it is not
all that great normally.  The CPU usually reports well under 50%
utilisation, and I only run 3 applications most of the time. One being
the CAT control of the radio, the other is the Data Modes program, which
runs SSTV/PSK/RTTY etc., and NTPmonitor.

I'll Google to see how I can find out if the newer PC (newer being
relative, it's over a year old now) has the sort of system that you
mention running on it.

Thanks - Dave (G0DJA)