[time-nuts] Rubidium Oscillators and Racal 1992 (gpib jumper)

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Tue Mar 11 21:01:04 UTC 2008

iovane at inwind.it wrote:

>>Antonio I8IOV (iovane at inwind.it) wrote:
>>
>>"The unconvenience with the 02M version is that it uses a military
>>GPIB language (MATE/CIIL), and I had to get familiar with it."
>>
>>The Racal units that I have (with no button problems) have a
>>jumper for military or standard GPIB. They do have military
>>property tags.
>>
>>It would take some effort to excavate the documentation, so let
>>me know if that would be useful.
>>
>>Bill Hawkins
>>

>Hi Bill,
>yes, of course.
>I always had this suspicion, but neither of the manuals (standard and military) mentions this possibility. Although my programs are now written in military GPIB, I would like to convert to standard, even because some functions are not covered by the military GPIB.
>So, I will appreciate your help in locating the jumper. BTW, any documentation available on this?
>Thanks,
>Antonio I8IOV

In my original copy of the 1992 manual, there is only one jumper
indicated on the GPIB board.  It is at the front of the board.  Pages
7-34 and 7-35 show it.  On the first page it says : "Make certain the
jumper plug is installed in the upper two pins of SK4 as shown".

On the next page however it says the opposite:  "Install item 41 (i.e.
the jumper) on the lower row of pins".

One can only assume that these are for the two versions of the language,
though it would be nice to have it explained a bit better!

Good luck!

Dan