[time-nuts] TADD-1 six channel RF distribution amplifier

Jeff Mock jeff at mock.com
Fri Mar 28 05:29:02 UTC 2008

Bruce Griffiths wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>> I'm thinking about using the TAPR TADD-1 six channel RF distribution
>> amplifier to distribute the 10MHz output of my Trimble Thunderbolt to a
>> few pieces of test equipment.
>>
>> What does the TADD-1 do to the phase noise characteristics of its
>> outputs as compared to the phase noise characteristics of  its input?
>> Improve? Degrade? Little or no change?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Steve K8JQ

I've been using a TADD-1 for about 6-months now and I'm quite happy with
it.  You certainly can't beat the price.  I added the optional 10MHz BPF
and tuned it with a tracking generator and spectrum analyzer.  The
outputs are very clean.

I've never tried to measure phase noise, but the op amps and the rest of
the circuit seem to be good choices to me.  tvb did some analysis of the
box you might find interesting:
    http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/tadd-1/

jeff