[time-nuts] Power Back-up

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 12:21:43 UTC 2009

I use even a smaller set up.
A 10 watt solar panel charges a 12V  20AH  standby battery.
A home brew OCXO at 1MHz takes about 1 Watt and is periodically
disciplined by hand against a TBOLT or other GPS disciplined oscillator.
The battery also runs a couple of pendulum clocks which are being
monitored
against the 1MHz oscillator. The Clocks are being logged against the
OCXO
by an Onset 12 bit 4 channel data logger.

Eventually I will increase the size of the solar array and maybe keep
the TBOLT
backed up.
In Sydney we get a good solar input even in winter. It could keep it
running forever.
cheers,
Neville Michie