[time-nuts] HP-IB to USB

Nic McLean mcleann at bigpond.com
Tue Aug 18 01:35:08 UTC 2009

I bought a softmark HP-IB to USB adaptor and it doesn't work with many of my
HP pieces of test equipment. A complaint to softmark brought very little
help. I even offered to lend them a piece of equipment so that they could
test their product but they didn't accept.

 I can't afford LabView, so what are my options? Is there a preferable USB
> GPIB converter? I am looking for a way to take readings and put them into
> file for further processing.

By far the cheapest option (other than an ISA card) is HP-IB to USB adapter
made by Softmark in Australia.
There have been a slow stream on ebay recently.
http://www.ar.com.au/~softmark/
(I have no association other than possessing one of their products).

Cb