[time-nuts] Pizza anyone?

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Tue Aug 18 19:50:46 UTC 2009

It probably isn't a matter of luck.  Automotive style antennas were
designed to be attached to the roof of the car, which is a ground
plane.  The pizza pan probably does a good job of simulating a car
roof.

It is my understanding that the choke rings aren't there to improve
the gain, but rather to eliminate the signal from satellites that are
too close to the horizon.

-Chuck Harris