[time-nuts] US ebay sellers who won't ship outside the US

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Thu Jul 16 11:30:44 UTC 2009

John May wrote:
> I'm in the UK and am often frustrated when a nice piece of kit is
> offered for sale on the 'bay by dealers in the US who won't ship
> overseas.  I've been looking for an HP 5370B and have lost out on a few
> nice looking units because of this.  There's one sitting there just now
> just to tease me!
>
> Is there anyone on the list who'd be willing to act as an intermediary
> (take delivery and resend) to circumvent this?
>
> I'd certainly be prepared to help in a similar manner any stateside
> time-nut frustrated at EU sellers who won't ship outside Europe (could
> help reduce customs fees as well by marking as returned from repair  etc.)
>
> Regards - JM

You will find many of them will if you ask. One I recall saying "Why
don't you just bid on it?"

I don't know if the default it to only ship to the USA, but I have
bought plenty of kit from people who say they will only ship to the USA.
(I'm in the UK too).

If you don't mind taking the risk, you are more likely to get them to do
it if you agree to wire the money, rather than use Paypal. Sellers know
Paypal is a bit of a risk with the chargbacks, and they are probably
more concerned when the buyer is in another country.

Dave