[time-nuts] Looking for a dead FRS-C for parts

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 15:32:33 UTC 2010

I'm actually trained in this area which is why this is so
embarrassing.   I use anti-static floor coatings on my bench tops, the
problem was that I just walked across the room and grabbed the unit.
First point of contact was right on the side where the connector is,
right on the LED itself that was connected to pin 1.  I hear the
static discharge and the light went out.   I never even made it to the
chair.  Once I'm sitting down leaning on the bench I have no problems.
 I was just rushing.   I learned from it.

-Bob