[time-nuts] Better GPS

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Aug 27 21:42:07 UTC 2010

Hi

Some how I seem to be disconnected from the list. I suspect something is amiss with my local mail server....

The issue of how to really improve accuracy is indeed whack a mole sort of stuff. Averaging better data is always a good start, but only if it's better data. Since the data is not available real time, this is not a direct correction approach. It's more like a time transfer process. You can take data relative to your GPS and then correct it later to improve the accuracy. Not so useful for tuning a radio, but likely useful for checking out an atomic clock.

Back to pounding on the mail server.