[time-nuts] If there a FAQ

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Mon Nov 29 04:41:06 UTC 2010

WWV is not a very good option. The signal fades a lot and has HF noise
issues unless you have a really good location within ground wave. Carrier
tracking is likely hard, which means you have to deal with the 1 PPS pips.

I've used a digital averaging scope, triggered by the 1 PPS from my local
standard to trigger the scope display and watched the pips "walk" and
adjusted things, but it's a PITA.

You might want to think about WWVB at 60 KHz.

You can probably pick up a fairly good GPS and oscillator for roughly the
same price.

FWIW,

-John