[time-nuts] Thunderbolt serial port problem UPDATE

bill billj at ieee.org
Thu Apr 14 00:11:20 UTC 2011

On 4/13/2011 9:13 AM, bill wrote:
> I have a problem with the data out of the thunderbolt serial port. I
> was monitoring  with
> ko4bb monitor and the thunderbolt quit sending data.
>
> I seem to remember some discussion of this on the list some time ago.
> I did a
> search but didn't find anything.
>
> Any suggestion ? Otherwise I will reverse engineer the serial port and
> trouble shoot.
>
> Bill K7NOM

I made a bad test. The serial cable was not connected to the computer.
Actually the problem
is the monitor. I bought from flukel (sp) in China. I opened up the
monitor and re-soldered
some questionable solder joints and it still doesn't work. The monitor
reports "Waiting for
GPS" and "No Message"

I think will easier to get a new one instead of fooling with this one :-)

Sorry about the bad test
Bill K7NOM