[time-nuts] synch for pendulum clock....

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 12 01:18:02 UTC 2011

Once upon a time,  I synced a 200+ year old grandfather clock to a GPS 1PPS output.   It used a PIC to convert the 1PPS signal to a 24 pulse per minute (if I remember correctly) signal to a model airplane servo.  The servo just nudged the (optically sensed) pendulum.   It pretty much worked the first time.   The mods to the clock were done in such a way that no changes were made to the clock or case.
I considered adding an auto-winder to it...