[time-nuts] Thunderbolt? (re simple gpsdo.)

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Fri Dec 30 19:42:30 UTC 2011

Hi Chris,

> I just finished reading about that one.  It requires no longer
> available GPS reciever.   Maybe I should r-phrase the question:

Most of us get (re)used stuff... Ebay #300437642776 has some Rockwell era
receivers. Many time-nuts find HP5065A rubidiums and 5370 counters
available and interesting, even though they have not been manufactured in
decades.

Then there are many receivers besides the Jupiter receivers that have
faster-than-1Hz-pulse outputs. Some Oncores have 100PPS. Lots of high end
L1 OEM-receivers can program the 1PPS output to higher frequencies. A
prime example of a very modern receiver is the Ublox 6T receiver, that
have two outputs - one classic 1PPS, and a second programmable frequency
output. See link below:

   http://www.u-blox.com/images/downloads/Product_Docs/Timing_AppNote_%28GPS.G6-X-11007%29.pdf

Good luck with your GPSDO buildproject!

--