[time-nuts] Thunderbolt Supply

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue Feb 15 13:09:40 UTC 2011

Hi

The +12 volts is what you want to keep stable. You would like to keep them all reasonably clean. That's not to hard for -12 since there's next to no current on it. +5 is mostly digital logic, it generates it's own suprs and noise. +12 runs the OCXO and it's internal regulators, it's likely all analog.

The issue here isn't as much ultra clean as stable. A well regulated supply on the +12 will give you better performance out of the TBolt. The OCXO does indeed change frequency when the +12 changes. I posted some data a while back.

Bob