[time-nuts] Achievable temperature stability for Thunderbolt environment?

Arnold Tibus arnold.tibus at gmx.de
Sat Jan 15 18:11:06 UTC 2011

Hi Achim,

I have very stable thermal conditions in my house. The temperature
indicated by the box (internal sensor) does stay stable within 50 mK/d
when the sun is not shining with very slow ripple. On sunny days the
in-box temperature does climb up by about 350 to 450 mK (less then 100
mK/h) and will come back to the stable floor in about 12 to 14 hours.
Today it was sunny from 11h30 to 15h30, raising the temperature by 300
mK to 29.25 °C. The box has no housing (yet) and is sitting on the to of
my rack.

The influence to the EFC-Voltage is still visible (around 50 µV) but
with a delay of close to 2 hours.

Arnold, DK2WT