[time-nuts] worth salvaging ?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Jan 29 04:03:16 UTC 2011

paulswedb at gmail.com said:
> I have been working with another time-nut to recover austron 2201a GPS
> receivers and unfortunately I seem to have come to the conclusion that we
> can not get the almanacs to update and will guess this would be the same
> issue with these potentially.

Is the problem that they don't get an almanac, or that they get the wrong
answer?

There was a week rollover in one of the main GPS fields several/many years
ago.  That ws the first one since GPS started.  It made some units give crazy
answers.  (I think they were time only, position was OK.)

I think you could get around that with some post-processing.  I don't
remember anybody doing that.  Some units got new firmware.