[time-nuts] Discipline an oscillator with NTP?

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Fri Jul 22 18:44:07 UTC 2011

I must say Jason,

Yes, you are day dreaming, but hey, that is where ideas come from.

I do not play with NTP, but isn't that the same thing ( or similar) as disciplining my local clock when I have it update against a
reference like NIST over the Internet ?  In other words, NTP is used to keep the local computer clock in sync and thus is basically
keeping an oscillator disciplined so to speak.

As to how you would directly make the hardware deal with the oscillator instead of just updating a register dealing with the time, I
do not know.  I am sure it can probably be done.

Bill....WB6BNQ