[time-nuts] Cooling Fan Information Needed

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 24 05:34:46 UTC 2011

List,

About a bazillion posts ago on the list (this translates to about two months) there was a discussion about cooling of very hot instruments such as the HP 5370A/B series.

One poster related how he had replaced the stock OEM fans on a HP 5370 with ones used for cooling computers and achieving superior cooling with less noise, but gave no details.

As there are myriads of manufactures, CFM displacements, quality of construction and noise levels I’d appreciate some more information of what worked as well as what one might want to avoid.

Also I’d like to hear about any other experiences with improve cooling techniques.

Has anyone done case modifications such as adding fans to the top and/or bottom and how well it helped and if the remuneration was worth the aggravation?

Opinions welcomed.

Regards,

Perrier