[time-nuts] FE-5680A

Jose Camara camaraq1 at quantacorp.com
Thu Nov 10 23:05:52 UTC 2011

On a couple that I bought there was no response to pots, the only frequency
adjust was through the DDS chip.  I wanted to beat it to 1E-30 (kidding) but
had to be content with the DDS granularity close to 1E-13. Good enough,
considering all other sensitivities that will degrade beyond that (turn it
upside down and watch a 4E-11 change).

Some other variants reportedly respond to the trimpot, others have real wide
range DDS, allow 3MHz if you set it so. Although output filter might need
tweaking if you are way off the intended range.