[time-nuts] multi input counter

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Oct 7 00:13:35 UTC 2011

jimlux at earthlink.net said:
> Something with, say, 32 inputs/pins brought out to a header on the eval
> board would be nice.  maybe the Spartan 3A or 3E for $200?  (I'll have  to
> look at the data sheets)

Digilent has a good collection of low cost FPGA boards:
  http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Catalog.cfm?Cat=10&FPGA

The Spartan 3 board (down at the bottom) has 3 40-pin connectors plus RS-232 for $139.  Beware, the big connectors don't have many grounds.  (I'd probably turn the board over and turn half the pins into grounds.)

Their Add-on-Boards might have something helpful if you the board you pick has the Hirose FX2 connector rather than something simple and low tech.