[time-nuts] Rapco 1804M - serial problems?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 06:30:12 UTC 2011

>> The box was supplied with a generic GPS puck antenna by the eBay
>> seller, and it's not that sensitive so I've ordered a better puck
>> antenna (for the moment, I don't want the complexity of an outdoor
>> antenna) and when that arrives and I have a better GPS signal I'll
>> visit the box again................

> David,
>
> I'm in a similar position to you regarding GPS aerials, may I ask where
> you obtained your 'better puck'?
>
> John H.

John,

It's ordered, but not yet received (and it has to come from the USA - no
UK supplier?).  See the comparison between the supplied GA 27C and their
antenna:

  http://www.gilsson.com/external_gps_antenna_comparison.htm

I'll report back when it arrives.  At the moment, I'm getting lock about
half the time, but at least with the unit permanently on I trust the
frequency in holdover mode (constant control voltage) to be far better
than anything else I have.

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu