[time-nuts] House subcommittee Democrats Urge Finding a Way for LightSquared and GPS Users to Co-Exist

Brian Garrett mgy1912 at cox.net
Tue Sep 20 19:16:32 UTC 2011

I still can't understand how this ever got to be such a big deal, or why it
continues to be.  Even if the military weren't involved, the FCC has always
been  the 500-pound gorilla cracking down on everybody from drunken ham
operators to national networks and 2-second "wardrobe malfunctions."  Why
don't the FCC and the Navy just get together and say, "screw you,
LightSquared, GPS was fundamental infrastructure before you were a gleam in
your founders' eye, so find a way to keep your wavelengths away from ours or
we're going to drive you so far into debt Greece will look like Warren
Buffett."  That's the treatment everybody else gets, so whose golden heinie
is so kissable here, and why?

Brian