[time-nuts] PICTIC II ready-made?

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sat Apr 28 20:46:25 UTC 2012

Yes, I should have been more specific.
The details about the state machine clock behaviour aren't on the
datasheet and were obtained by asking Xilinx.
The reason for using CMOS RAM to controll the CPLD interconnections is
to reduce the static power consumption well below that possible when
using EEPROM cells directly.
As long as the state machine clock is turned off during normal operation
then it will not be a source of timing jitter.

I had intended the post as a warning that chip implementation details
not necessarily given on the datasheet can be critical for such
applications.

Bruce