[time-nuts] FTS 1200

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Aug 10 21:02:36 UTC 2012

Hi

Normally when you forward bias a varicap, nothing strange happens. The capacitance goes way up as it goes forward and then it pretty much turns into an RF short circuit. The series resistance of the device drops considerably as this all takes place. If it's in series with the crystal, the frequency will just go way low. In this case way low might be 5 or 10 Hz. The drive level should go up, as opposed to stopping oscillation.

Of course there are a lot of weird circuits out there. This one may be set up strange.

Bob